We feel it too! The cold weather and short days make it is easier for both us and our pets to get lazy and stay indoors. However it is important to keep your pets active in order to maintain their health.
Here are some tips:
1. Nice Walk Outdoors: Most dogs will enjoy a walk no matter is cold outside. This will keep them energised and happy. If your dog has a short hair, consider getting them a coat. It will make them look cute too!
2. Practice Dog Tricks Indoors: There are lots of tricks and training lessons you can practice at home. Start with a simple one, and work up to something more exciting like a ‘roll over’. This is an excellent way to bond with your dog and improve their behaviour.
3. Reduce Baths Frequency: Drying can take too long, and if you give them a bath too often it could deplete their natural essential oils. This will increase dry and flaky skin.
4. Pay Attention: Any changes in the mood or behaviour of your pet could be a sign of illness. Monitor their body condition closely and get in contact with your veterinarian if you notice something is wrong.
5. Warm Cuddles: Who doesn’t like to cuddle? Your pets love it too. Book a Pet Sitter to come to your place to give them some love and attention when you are away during the day. You’ll find a happier and grateful pet when you are back at home.
Mad Paws Pty Ltd